RDC24-005. Carbon Fiber Pattern BMW M8 GTLM Racing Decals 43 Decal Set.
- Application surface should be as smooth as possible. Make sure you have cleaned the application surface, insuring that it is free of any oils and debris.
- Remove decal sheet from packaging gently. Cut out decal in square/rectangular/circular pattern using a sharp pair of scissors leaving at least 2mm. between the decal print and cutting edge. Store the remainder of the decal sheet in supplied packaging. This will prevent oils and moisture from coming in contact with sheet.
- If you are applying your decal to an irregular surface and want to make the decal conform and adhere better; lightly brush on a coat of Microscale Micro Set to the application surface before applying the decal. This will soften the decal and make it more flexible when applying, eliminating air bubbles and giving you that painted on look. It will also provide better adhesion. Do not allow solution to dry before applying decal.
- Fill a spray bottle with clean room temperature water. Distilled water will work the best. Place the cut out decal on a damp paper towel and spray decal backing until it is completely soaked. Flip decal so that the print side is facing up and spray lightly with water. The decal film will start to separate from the backing. This could take between 5-15 seconds. Once the decal has started to separate you may proceed to next step. You can also place the cut out decal in a bowl of clean room temperature water for 5-15 seconds, however you have less control when doing this.
- Carefully place decal and backing on application surface where you want the decal to be placed. You may moisten the application surface with water first to assist you in decal placement after application. Carefully slide the backing paper out from underneath the decal film leaving the film on the application surface. You may use a small soft brush or your fingers to assist you in holding the film in place. Smooth out decal using a damp paper towel or soft brush. Using a paper towel or soft brush, carefully dab away excess water.
- If you have an extremely irregular surface or you are seeing wrinkles or air bubbles under your decal you may use Microscale Micro Sol. This is an aggressive setting solution which will cause the decal to conform and bond to the application surface. Apply a very thin coat on the decal using a soft brush. Do not apply a second coat, re-brush or touch an area of the decal where you have applied the solution. The decal will soften and start to conform; if you attempt to adjust or touch the decal during this process you will destroy the decal. You can also apply along just the edges of the decal film, this will blend the film to surface. Allow decal to dry.
- Before any type of clear coating you must make sure that the decal is 100% dry both on top and underneath and there is no air bubbles under the decal. It is recommended that you wait 24 hours for any remaining moisture to evaporate. You may speed up this process by using a hair dryer, do not use a heat gun. If there is any moisture present when you apply your clear coat you risk damaging the decal.